Thinking about getting a tattoo? There are a few things to consider before you actually do it.
1. Do it for the right reason. Getting a tattoo because of a dare or bet will come back to haunt you.
2. If you are unsure about the design, don't get it yet. Think about it some more and make sure it's what you want.
3. Be prepared for the pain. Tattoos can hurt. Some people like the pain and some don't. Take into consideration your threshold for pain and if you'll be able to handle it.
4. Whatever you do, don't get a lover's name tattooed. It seems like a great idea now, but you never know what will happen. It's possible to just simply get tired of the person. If you get tired of the tattoo of their name, that's too bad because it doesn't go away.
5. Check out different shops. You want to make sure you're getting a tattoo in a clean and sanitary place. Look at the bathroom. Take notice of the countertops. If those are dirty, the artists' stations are likely to be as well. There's nothing wrong with asking about sterilization and cleanliness.
A tattoo is a permanent decision. It's something you should think a great deal about before you actually get it. If you're unsure about it now, you could cost you on down the road.
- Over the last few years I've worked in different tattoo shops, doing different things. I've covered greeting customers, cleaning the shop, making stencils, drawing tattoo designs, all the way to tattooing. Now, I've taken a break from tattooing for a while to learn new things about the industry. I'm taking trips and going to as many tattoo conventions as I can. After I do this, I will go back to tattooing. As for me, I currently have over 10 tattoos and nine piercings. Don't worry, I plan on getting many more.